Tips for Caring for Your Tree
Your tree can last for two months, or one week! It’s up to you how you care for it. All of our trees are fresh cut and ready to be well cared for in your home.
- Remember: from the moment it’s cut, your tree is dying—it just doesn’t know it yet! A tree purchased for Thanksgiving may not retain its freshness throughout the entire holiday season, no matter how much care you give it.
- Water your tree immediately when it arrives home. Check the water level every day, and never let the bowl go dry. It’s normal for a tree to taper off the amount of water it drinks over time.
- Do you like sweaters? Well, good news! Trees like it cold. Lower your thermostat and keep your tree away from direct sunlight and heating vents.
- Tree preservative does help. So does dish soap, sugar, and small amounts of alcohol.
- If you’ve forgotten to water right away, and the tree isn’t drinking, all is not lost! Mr. Greentrees recommends that you fresh cut the tree before putting it in water. And if your tree dries up in spite of your best intentions, all is not lost. Remove the water with a turkey baster or wet/dry vacuum, drill small holes through the bark around the base BELOW the waterline, and refill the container.